Hi, I’m Mike Ambassador Bruny and I help Conference Organizers, Conference Visionaries and Conference Attendees create and have better conference experiences through connection. My special sauce is the fusion of the digital and analog world (what I’ve coined as “Hashtags to Handshakes“) to create better connections.
I’m a lover of learning, experimenting and of people. I’ve been called a boundary crosser for the way I leverage my experiences from various industries and disciplines to provide my clients results.
I’ve worked with conferences as small as 75 people to as large as 8,000. The one thing they all have in common is attendees who are eager to connect with other but don’t always have the tools or guidance to successfully do so. That’s where I come in.
Below are a few Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that I’m asked:
How do you define Net-working?
I define Net-working (I know there isn’t a hyphen in the word; duh) as a physical net that you have to put to work to make things happen. Knowing a lot of people isn’t enough, you have to nurture your relationships and put them to work. The flip side of that is you have to be ready to be put to work. In fact, you have to be looking for opportunities to be put to work by your net-work.
Why should I listen to you?
- I care. I know how it feels to step into a conference and not know a single person. I know what it’s like to pay money and not get anything out of a conference. I also know what it’s like to make long lasting connections with people who are like-minded and share a common interest. I can help you get the latter. I believe in the power and potential of human beings. I’ve read many books and attended many seminars and programs, but it’s the connection with other human beings that have truly made a difference in my life and business. Isn’t the same thing true for you?
- This is what I was born to do. I wake up looking for opportunities to be of service to the people in my network. Besides the emotional intelligence and big picture vision I have as a Certified Life Coach, I also have a very pragmatic side that was developed through 8 plus years as an Operations Manager at Intel trained in Lean methodology.
Okay, I try not to brag about how much net-working has helped me accomplish goals, but sense you twisted my arm here are 17 net-working results I am grateful for:
- When I was in Jr. High School I didn’t get accepted into any high schools; my principal, Jo Bruno, put in a couple of calls on my behalf and next thing you know, I was in a pretty cool school (didn’t mean to rhyme).
- While in college I studied in Jamaica for 1 month at a total cost of $200
- While in college I was published in a book my sophomore year
- While in college I spent my summers working on the beautiful campus of Cornell University as a Sports Camp Counselor, thanks to a phone call made by my track coach
- I got an internship working in the Syracuse University Athletic Department
- I went to Grad School at one of the top Sport Management programs in the world for FREE (in fact I was making money)
- EVERY position I’ve ever held was through net-working
- Became the Manager of Athletic Marketing and Corporate Relationships at the University of Connecticut (“yes” I was there when the men and women’s basketball teams won the championship in the same year). Watch the video on how it happened here
- Became the 1st Marketing Manager for the New Balance Athletic Shoe ”team sports” division
- Became an Operations Manager at Intel (insert Jingle)
- Created a Job Club program for the State of Massachusetts
- Participated in a Leadership Program for 50% off the $10,000 price tag
- Spoke at a number of companies and universities including: Columbia University, Boston College, Berklee School of Music, University of Massachusetts, Northwestern University, WPI, MetLife, Raytheon, Intel, INROADS, etc.
- Participated of the inaugural World Domination Summit (WDS)
- Got a Press Pass to the Massachusetts Conference for Women and served as their Blogger’s Lounge Emcee
- Became an Ambassador to Keith Ferrazzi’s MyGreenlight relationship mastery program
- Became a Brand Ambassador for Intel
How can we stay in touch?
Connect on Linkedin | Follow me on Twitter @AmbassadorBruny | Let’s be friends on Facebook /AmbassadorBruny | All the cool kids are on Google+ so add me to your entrepreneur, cool guy, life coach, networking circle.
Don’t forget to get your free audio download with 10 Affirmations to help you prepare for your next event by leaving your information below.