10 Ways to Stay Connected to the People You Meet at a Conference – The New Art of Conference Networking
It’s Not Just About Conference Networking; What You Do After Has Impact
You know the story, you’ve come back from a conference, you’ve done all the networking you were supposed to do and now you are back to reality. The people around you don’t think the same way you do, they don’t believe in making the impossible possible. You crave to be back with the great people you met at your conference but you can’t…or can you. In the video below I take a look at 10 ways you can keep the conference networking magic going. Networking at a conference is only half the battle. Staying in touch is where the real work begins. I’ll help make it a little bit easier to stay connected.
10 Way to Keep The Magic Alive After Your Conference is Over
- Just reach out: Email, Skype, phone will all do the trick
- Stay engaged online: Stay connected through a Facebook group or page
- Form smaller groups: It’s easier to stay connected with a select few
- Set-up monthly calls: You can use tools like Free Conference Call dot com or Skype
- Meet in person: commit to meeting in person every so often
- Give back collectively: Decide to give back to one cause
- Help each other achieve goals: Really get to know each other by assisting move each others projects forward
- Start a group blog: You can decide on the frequency each person writes (it can be private), but make it a way for you to share what is going on in your lives and businesses
- Start a book club: Just 10 pages a day can get you through a 300 page book in one month. Share notes and how what you’ve read will be applied.
- What do you suggest? What is missing from the list that can help to keep groups together after a conference? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below
I am launching an interactive online course, “The New Art of Conference Networking,”
that starts on Monday, September 24. Early bird registration is from 9/10 to 9/18 (save yourself some money). I’d love for you to be a part of it if you are getting ready to attend a conference in October, November or December.
The next course will be launched soon. Stay in the loop by joining the waiting list. Here is the link:
Click here to get on the waiting list and receive a free MP3, “10 Conference Affirmations to Prepare You For Your Event.”
As always my goal is to help you Run The Point (Take Action) from where you are, with what you have.
P.S. We all need a little love and my Facebook page is no different. Swing by and give it a little LIKE. It’s where you can find my #Hashtags to Handshakes updates and the latest information on conferences I’m attending, lessons learned and future contests. You can get there by clicking HERE